Tuesday 29 March 2011

Assignment 1 - Final Design

Uploaded are my final GH script and poster for the submission. For some reasons the poster doesn't turn out to be the same colour to what i see on my screen. For example the line graphic on the left is not meant to have 2 colours. Also I forgot to mention that the thickness of the yarn (i.e. the pipes) are also a variable.

Anyway, just to have a quick recap on this assignment. I was working on a simple weave algorithm that can be applied to curved surface. At first I was looking at the weaving algorithm proposed by Zubin Khabazi, which he has an algorithm that works on NURB surfaces. I was thinking that I could somehow transform the algorithm for my object but it seemed to be harder that what I expected. I had to rework the whole algorithm from scratch using the similar logic behind Zubin's script. The result was quite promising, as I was able to come up with a script that is relatively simple and elegant in principle, though I was quite disappointed about last part of the script where I had to manually construct the interpolated lines along the vertical by duplicating the algorithm several times and changing the list numbers (for this assignment I made 10 of them, which also represents the maximum of 10 warps for the algorithm) in order to make the whole algorithm worked. I gave up on trying to solve this after searching for solution online for 5 hours. Even though I think the solution will be available when research further into the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment