Monday 20 June 2011

Assignment 3 - Final GH Script and Laser Cutting Files

After simplifying the GH script by interlinking the relevant part together and deleting duplicated parts, the script now look a lot simpler as shown below.


As many parts of the script were interlinked, its became really difficult for me toexplain the script here in words. So I decided to write a brief description of each step in GH for easier cross referencing (so please refer to the GH script). I did the majority of the design in GH, but as time was limited for the submission, some parts of the mechanism for the facade (especially for the parts connecting the floor slabs with notches columns) were done in CAD. 


Also attached is the file (converted to jpg) that I used for laser cutting. I have deliberately made duplicates for the parts that were identical in case I screwed up the model, which I thought it was absolutely important as there would always be problems with physical modelling (you would be doomed if you screwed up the parts and you didnt have spare, which I found it was true in the later stage when I was constructing the physical model!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment